Topic

A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Squeezing in time for backcountry pursuits can sometimes be difficult. Social obligations, limited time in an increasingly busy work week with also limited time to play catch up on weekends and then managing relationships among friends, family and significant others. Add children to the mix and free time is esp rare. So it was with great pleasure that I was able to bring Josh out for a backpacking trip in the Lost Creek Wilderness one weekend.

Read the full trip report…

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

What a great read Mags, thanks for taking the time to share this. Its amazing how fulfilling even just a single evening outdoors can be, its all about making the best with the time we have. This was a great reminder.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Thanks for the nice words. Any time out in the wilderness is indeed special. My buddy reveled in the time out there and I was glad to be able to help provide some time out there for him!

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Thanks for your report, Paul. Sounds like I was right behind you. I signed the register on Bison at 7:00 AM on the 14th and on McCurdy at 1:30 PM on the same day. Lost Creek..you gotta love it.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Nice area but surprised there wasn't much in the way of snow.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

LCW is typically the first area to melt out in the Colorado high country. Overall, CO is about two weeks behind the normal melt out. SOOOOO, if there was lots of snow in LCW over Mem. Day Wkd, when we went is a about right for a (mainly) snow free hike this year. That's my theory anyway..and I am sticking to it!!!!

*NEXT* weekend, (I have a wedding to go to Saturday), I plan on doing a mainly off-trail route in the LCW. We'll see! :)

DONDO: Yes indeed..I do indeed love it!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools