Topic

GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I Find this Jacket to be pretty solid. If this was constructed the same way as an Arc'teryx Alpha SL I probably would never buy another style of jacket. Best jacket I've used under $200(Retail) I paid 90 for mine.

Don Selesky
    Spectator

@backslacker

Unfortunately, the GoLite online store is out of the pants and almost out of the jacket (limited color selection).

WV Hiker

@vdeal

Locale: West Virginia

If you go up one notch to the Golite Kenai you get velcro wrist closures instead of the elastic. I don't like the elastic either since I can't vent my arms.

Warren
    BPL Member

@icensnow

Locale: New England, USA

It's great to see more fabrics reaching the market that actually do what GoreTex has only promised to do for approx 30 years.

Thanks for the review.

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

"A waterproof/breathable membrane (in this case the Pertex Shield DS) is laminated to one side … "

Just to be picky – a PU coating isn't a membrane – and the Pertex marketing blurb quoted specifically states that Shield is a coating.

James McDaniel
    Spectator

@bigearth

I just receive one. I was amazed that it doesn't come with a pocket that acts as a stuff stack. I figured I was looking at something wrong and I contacted Golite and they said….sorry…it doesn't have one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools