Topic

ideas for poncho tarp door?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear ideas for poncho tarp door?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    simon hackett

@minimalgear

Locale: UK

I'm looking at creating a clip on door or beak for my poncho tarp. I tend to pitch and prefer the half pyramid and would like a bit more protection for wind blown rain. I'm not looking for full protection so is it possible, given that the height of the pole may vary depending on wind strength? Has anyone got any bright ideas?

John Garner

@hobbins

Simon, I've just finished a rain skirt for summer use which is bascially an oblong of material. I'm in the process of making a new tarp for use with the rain skirt which when put together will make a near fully enclosed beak for the tarp. Still messing about with the details but I will post on my blog when done – I'm Shed Dweller our side of the pond.

simon hackett

@minimalgear

Locale: UK

Hey shed dweller- I'm familiar with your blog- you have some good stuff- cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools