Topic

Pics of my new custom pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pics of my new custom pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Justin C
    BPL Member

@paintballr4life

Locale: East Coast

I had Chris Zimmer bring my pack design to life. From the picture I received it looks like he hit it spot on. The pack has a lid which uses cord and linelocs to secure the lid to the pack itself. Chris told me the weight before trimming the webbing straps is 16.5 oz. I should receive the pack within a week or so but he sent me some initial pictures so I thought I would share them. From the pictures it turned out awesome.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5

sandy boyd
    Spectator

@sandylwes

Locale: eastern washington

Very nice pack!!!!!! Chris does it again!!!!!! Great job!!

sandy boyd

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

What is it made of?

Volume of main pack and pockets?

Materials?

GL w/ the new pack!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Nice pack Justin! Very cool!

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Wow that looks nice!

I love the lid, compression, pockets…I love everything about it.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Justin,

From what I see you had quite a good recipe for this pack of yours.

I'm quite sure that you are tired already of looking at the pictures on the menu. You're probably quite ready to dive into the main course.

My compliments to the chef! ;-)

A custom pack is just the coolest thing! I really like the pocket configuration.

Party On,

Newton

Justin C
    BPL Member

@paintballr4life

It's made out of Dyneema X. The volume is around 2100 ci inside of the pack. I'm not sure what the exact volume of the pockets are though. I had Chris make the bottom of the side pockets from Dyneema X and the rest is mesh, that way when I put my platys in them it won't really tear up the pocket.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Very nice pack there…

I like that you had the bottom of the side pockets made with dyneema rather than mesh. I recently received a pack that uses mesh all the way down, and I found myself wishing that it used the dyneema on the bottom like yours.

Looking forward to seeing more about this pack…

So, does Chris do custom packs?

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Brilliant.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Justin,
    Really nice pack design and fine workmanship of Christopher Zimmer. The adjustable top lid cap will be really nice to keep things dry or store thing under. The only packs I have seen the top cap lid used are on Roger Cafin's ultra lite weight frame packs he makes.
    Terry

Dan Johnson

@seattle

Locale: PNW

Zimmer does it again!!! Amazing!!

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Looks like a copy of the LAUFBURSCHE huckePACK to me.

Justin C
    BPL Member

@paintballr4life

Parts of it are from the Laufbursche Huckepack. I really wanted one of those packs first but they are so darn expensive to get in the US. The lid system on this pack is different though.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Chris is the new kid in town, but his workmanship is as good as any I've seen and I have or have had all the packs from the other guys, MLD,ULA,GG.

I already have one pack from Chris currently and I going for a 2nd pack in the near future. He is one of the few, that will custom make a pack per your specs. One thing I feel many lightweight packs lack is a mesh lumbar pad, to help the pack stick to your back.
    So, I had Chris sew an 8" tall section of mesh the full width of the lumbar or bottom section of the packs back-panel. I love it!

The pack came in at 2 lbs which ain't too bad for a pack that's made entirely from X-Pac, and Dyneema X fabric.(no wimpy mesh) The true test will be over time, as to how well the stress area seams hold up(shoulder straps and hip-belt wings) But I'm confident that his stuff will hold up with the best of them.

Justin C
    BPL Member

@paintballr4life

That pack you had made sounds really cool. I like the lumbar idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools