Topic

Elizabeth Pass to Lone Creek

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Elizabeth Pass to Lone Creek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tom B

@tomhiker

Looking for any info on route down from Elizabeth Pass (Sequoia NP) towards Lone Pine Creek. I really enjoy backpacking but… I've got a fear of heights that has gotten a lot worse as I've gotten older. (Great combo huh? Love the mountains don't like any exposure.) It's a bit irrational, but it's something I have to take into account when planning a hike.

I've been looking at the loop from Lodgepole, Silliman Pass and through Deadman Canyon. From the topo the part that might be a bit sketchy for me is about halfway from Elizabeth Pass to Lone Pine Creek. I don't like any vertical exposure. A steep slope is OK but a trail ten feet wide that has a vertical drop off along side it isn't good.

If there are other spots in that loop that I need to be concerned about I'm all ears. Hike is planned for August 10th – 15th.

-Tom

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools