Topic

Strong Tea

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Terri Wright
    BPL Member

@ncalcamper

Locale: SF Bay Area

This Tea House is right by my house. I bet I can find something I like here!

http://www.numitea.com/pure-tea/

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Numi is great… the have a mate and also a wonderful Moroccan mint… but one of my faves is their lemon chamomile (that's a great nighttime tea).

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Went looking for the sou-whatever tea that Craig and Tom talked about, and saw this canister of Republic of Tea Double Dark Chocolate Mate. Well now, I've had a long-running love affair with dark chocolate, so I picked up the tin to try it out.

Not a strong tea, but I must say, a very nice tea with a subtle chocolate flavor. I could see it replacing hot chocolate on a cold trip. Quite tasty!

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

If you use teabags, try to find a whole leaf teabag, not tea made from broken leaves and dust. Makes all the difference in the world. I drink black tea, with honey and orange juice. For hiking, I use honey powder (from packitgourmet.com) and a packet of True Orange crystallized orange juice. Not perfectly like a cup at home, but pretty close. I've found a good English Breakfast tea at Safeway that comes in tea bags that aren't individually wrapped, so I just have the tea bag to contend with, no extra wrappers.

My family used to drink Star of Singapore blend from Starbuck's, way back before they became the big espresso company, and still had good quality teas, not the dreck they have now. It was a blend of Ping-suey, Darjeeling, Yunnan something-or-other, and something else. When the company decided to ditch teas in favor of concentrating on coffee, my mom complained and got the recipe from them. We used to blend our own, then couldn't get the Ping-suey anymore, unless we bought a chest of it. A "chest" of tea is some ridiculous amount like 150 pounds of tea. Too much for private use!

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

That's a new one on me. It doesn't sound unpleasant, but I'm having no luck imagining the taste.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools