Topic

PolarTec VS. Gore-Tex

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) PolarTec VS. Gore-Tex

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

Popular science did a head to head against the two and here were their results. Proves in this isolated case that heavier is not always better and Gore-Tex's superiority is not always so.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-04/new-jacket-fabrics-vent-sweat-without-letting-water-or-cold-air-sneak

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

The big question (for me at least) isn't NeoShell vs. Goretex, but Neoshell vs. eVent.

At what point do I give up my 10oz 3-layer eVent jacket?

Fact is, I need a miracle fabric to add more weight and it's taken time for these fabrics to make their ways down to the lightweight world.

William Johnsen
    BPL Member

@sixoclocknews

The basis of the test was completely subjective. One person being comfortable is completely different from someone else. How many days did they actually use it? Did they do the same things in each one. There are just too many questions, and they used the jackets in temps from -30-close to freezing, doesn't exactly seem like it applies to most backpacking situations of more moderate temps w/rain. Seems like a cleaver commercial for Neoshell to me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools