Topic

Moving to Oakhurst, CA

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Moving to Oakhurst, CA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

Hey all,

I am moving from San Luis Obispo to Oakhurst to start a new job. Looking forward to being on the doorstep to Yosemite and closer to SEKI.

Anyone here live in the area?

Keep me in mind if you have any trips planned in the area or have any recommendations!

Ryan

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Ryan, That is a great area!!! Gateway to HWY 108 & HWY 120. If there is a Home Court in backpacking then that is mine–I think David Wage lives out that way. Too much snow up there now…We need a heatwave….I will stay in touch with ya..Good Luck in your new job.

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Hi Jay,

How are ya?

Maybe you are thinking of Oakdale? I will be up on HWY 41 about 15 miles from the Wawona entrance to Yosemite.

Either way we should do a trip :)

Ryan

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Hey Ryan,

I'm living in Modesto but my family is in Fresno. I often go on trips up CA-41. You are a lucky guy to be able to live so close to the park entrance. Lets get some trips in this summer. I am glad to have another fellow BPLer in the area.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Ryan, That's even better and closer to Yosemite. By bad– Oakhurst-Oakdale.
    Pray for a heatwave and we will be backpacking soon enough! I think I am off to the Trinity Alps next weekend.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Great launch spot for Sierra adventures! And don't worry, it gets blazing hot there. Just not this week.

Enjoy your new location.

Cheers,

Rick

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

I'm in Sacramento. If you want, let's pick as weekend and get some permits..

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Hey Jack,

I hadn't forgotten about doing a trip this summer. Let's start throwing around some ideas.

Ryan

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

How about a Friday night through all day Sunday trip, somewhere, the weekend of July 16-17th? Let's plan offlist.

Michael Cockrell

@cal-ee-for-nia

Locale: Central Valley, Lodi-Stockton, CA

I'm in Stockton.

My family is in Tuolumne County (was raised there), and wife's family in Cathy's Valley (Hwy 140, just west of Mariposa).

I do a lot of hiking in that area, good year-around location.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools