Topic

Pics in threads

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

For some reason, I can't see any pictures in the following thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48751&skip_to_post=413819#413819

Using Safari on a Mac with latest version of Safari and OSX.

I can see pictures in other threads and other trip reports, just not this one. Different pic format or something?

I can see the pics if I use the latest Firefox on Mac.

Just kinda weird, wondering if you have any idea on why this might be.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I can see the photos in the tread and I have Safari 4.1.1 on os 10.4.11 on my mac mini. But I can not see the jpeg photo when I drag it in to my iphoto program.
    Terry

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The photos in that thread are sized larger than 550 pixels (the width of the content area of the BPL forums). This is just a guess but the browser may be having trouble with that discrepancy.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Works for me on my Dell PC using Google Chrome for a browser.

The vertical pictures fit OK. The horizontal pictures and text overrun the border on the right hand side of the page. Once you get below the

Last 50 Reviews

you only notice the thin blue vertical line that forms the border running through the text. This line doesn't show up in any of the pictures. The first picture has the FORUMS and READER REVIEWS menus "mixed" into the right hand side.

I first came across this thread while using another computer. It was a PC using IE for a browser. All the pictures were represented by a small vertical rectangle with a red X inside. Hovering over the rectangle with the mouse and right clicking offered a show the picture menu choice. When I tried to do this the picture did not "open".

Different browsers, code, personal picture storage programs and software aren't all necessarily compatible.;-(

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools