Topic

The Clymb: Golite shoes up to 55% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals The Clymb: Golite shoes up to 55% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Join that site with my invite at no cost to you, and a $10 credit to me:

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/EugeneLeafty

Thank you if you use my invite.

Here are the shoes they have right now:
    Surge Lite (M)
    Amp Lite (M)
    Flood Lite (M)
    Spring Lite (W)
    Stream Lite (W)
    Jam Lite (W)

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Thanks for the reminder. I ordered some Amp Lites for myself and Spring Lite's for my daughter.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

As I understand it, Golite Footwear used to have a big problem with outsole durability. I think the latest owners of the brand have fixed that, mostly by switching to a very unaggressive lug pattern. I've been pleased with my Timber Lites and Amp Lites in most areas, though everything by Golite Footwear is ugly as sin. I love the zero drop foot midsole, and that is what has made me a convert- my plantar fasciitis has improved a lot. It's hard to find non-narrow, non-minimalist low or zero drop footwear. My 2E feet are a bit wide for the Golite stuff, but at least I'm not constrained- plenty of room in the toe box, etc.

The Surge Lite would be nice for folks who want a mid height boot that isn't crippled by Gore-Tex or being too stiff. Breathability of the fabric bits is closer to Cordura than running shoe mesh, but at least there's no WPB membrane!

Just a +1 from me… :)

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Yeah, I'm hoping they can improve their outsoles as to their reliability and having big lugs again. One of my hiking buddies lost several lugs on her Golite shoes last year.

As far as minimalist shoes with zero drop and a fat toe, check these shoes out.

http://altrarunning.com/

I haven't tried them, but they're at the top of my short list…I just have to put down 1000 trail miles to wear out the pairs of shoes I already have.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools