Topic

Reflectix Pot Cozy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Reflectix Pot Cozy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Cowell

@chris_swansea

Locale: Wales

I am about to make a Reflectix envelope cozy for my O.P. Saks.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for an adhesive to use with Relectix?
    Thanks!
    Chris

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Chris, the tape I’ve used for cozies is the metalicized thermal tape displayed next to the Reflectix material. It has a peel-off backing. There is no brand name on the paper core. It has been very durable over the past couple of years.

Drew Davis
    BPL Member

@drewnc2005

Locale: Denver, CO

I use the same tape I use for taping the seams on alcohol stoves. I think it’s high temperature aluminum tape. Works fine.

Chris Cowell

@chris_swansea

Locale: Wales

Thank you!

Dwight Shackelford

@zydeholic

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

And what tape is it that you use on your alcohol stoves, i.e. brand name, or source?

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

One type is 3M flue tape. It is aluminum with a high temp rated adhesive – made for furnace flues.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

3M High-Temperature Flue Tape 2113NA (rated to +600F). You can usually find it at hardware stores if you look carefully (I’ve never found it with the rest of the adhesive tapes), and on-line of course. If the foil tape doesn’t give a temperature rating, it’s more likely to be foil duct tape rated to +250F, used for taping hot air ducts. (Not to be confused with the ubiquitous fabric duct tape, which is used for taping cold air ducts and everything else.)

For my cozies, made from a closed-cell sleeping pad, I just used plastic box-sealing tape. It worked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools