Topic

need MYOG stove idea for aluminum pint

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear need MYOG stove idea for aluminum pint

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Here it is on Sunday, and I have my right hand firmly wrapped around a cold Miller Lite in a 16-ounce aluminum bottle. Now, we all experiment with alcohol burners of different sizes and shapes. I know I have several. But this 16-ounce aluminum bottle seems like it should be made into something, and an alcohol burner is the only thing I can think of.

This aluminum is thin-wall stuff, not thick-wall, so it should be easy to cut or punch.

For those who do not indulge, this is about 7 inches tall, with a diameter of about 2.5 inches, and it has the bottom ring ridge like a Coke can.

Any suggestions?

–B.G.–

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Bob,

We've both been there and done that! ;-) LOL

Check it out.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=34641

BTW I still have mine in storage for future projects if you need any more. They are washed and clean of course. ;-)

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools