Topic

Easy Meal

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I have found a on the shelf meal from walmart and many dollar stores it is the Nissin brand Chow mein noodles Comes in various flavors my 1st is beef teriaki 2nd chicken it is found right by ramen noodles in walmart. The directions are to microwave but I find dumping boiling water in works fine they weight about 5oz w/bowl. The bowl weights 24g or .8oz and is a very tough bowl that can be used the rest of the trip to eat out of as a matter of fact it takes a lot of stomping and tearing to get the bowl to leak or render unusable, smash it and it straightens right up. The package says to not reuse the trays but as they are meant to be microwaved and eaten out of I doubt using boiling water will leach out any chemicals. They have about 125 calories per oz and alittle oil helps the flavor and the calories. If you dump the contents into light ziploc bags you can repack 2 meals back in one tray to cut down on pack size and weight then cover with foil which you will reuse to cover when rehydrating. The trays are a little problem to clean cause of ribs they are meant to be used once and disposed of but a little sand, dirt, leaves or whatever scrubs them out fine. Alot better than ramen by themselves and like ramen they Dr. up real good adding foil packaged tuna extra veggies or whatever. They come with a package of dehydrated veggies/meat and a liquid flavor pouch. Hope others enjoy this. Oh by the way they are 85 cents at walmart

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

Thanks for the post. I'll be looking into those.

Al

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools