Topic

two person quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear two person quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    N. Bellesheim
    Spectator

@nbellesh

Locale: Bay Area

Just finished my first MYOG project… Well, the first big one anyways. It's a double quilt made of momentum 90 (was going to do M50, but did not like how delicate the fabric was). I don't have a scale that can weight it right now, but incremental measurements and some math on the fabric says it's under 2 lbs. I joined the fabric width-wise and cut 70" x 80" and it turned into about 65" x 77" (as expected). 2.75" baffles. 18 oz of 900 fill down (I overstuffed by +10%). Used a vacuum and lost only a few pieces. The down did not loft up as much as I thought it would??? My 10 year old WM Ultralight feels as plump as this quilt? May have to add more down later on.

I moved both of the the drawcords inward, so the top one is not right on our face and I'm hoping the bottom one will function better this way – we'll see, and I'll post back about how it works. Used Kam snaps to form the foot box, and it also snaps together to become a one person rectangular bag. I went with the straight rectangle shape because I want to be able to use it as a comforter too.

Pretty fun project, but I'm glad to be done right now. It took a lot of beer to make – especially the first few stitches. It was a monster trying to work with such a large quiltQ1.
    Q2
    Q3

I became a BPL member because of all the tips and articles for making your own gear, so thanks to everyone who posts this sort of stuff and the editors for including such articles. I'm going to do a more detailed write up on my steps and what I learned while making this when I get back from a summer hike.

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

Awesome job!!!

It is very rewarding to use gear you make yourself.

Christopher Zimmer
    BPL Member

@czimmer

Locale: Ohio

Great looking quilt, I bet it was a bear to work with such a large quilt. I look forward to reading your write up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools