Topic

Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 126 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Priest
    BPL Member

@aushiker1

Locale: Fremantle

I correct myself. Checking my notes on the filter, I see the packaging included a note which states:

While these bags are rugged, they are not indestructible. Sharp objects will puncture the bags, excessive pressure will pop the bag and wringing the bag will cause leaks at the threaded area. There are no warranties on the bags.

So there you go..

Andrew

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Yeah, I definitely didn't buy it because of the bags. The bags were a bonus. I could care less if they're worthless. Unfortunately it gives the less informed a bad taste about Sawyer.

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

As a water scooper.

I took the smallest one, cut the top off of it and use it to scoop water out of the creek and fill my Evernew bladder (which btw works great with the filter and doesn't leak). Probably takes about 8 scoops to fill the 2L bladder.

My new water scoop is small, light (sub 1 oz), and packs down to almost nothing (just roll it up and put a rubber band around it).

At least this way, I was able to get some beneficial use out of the otherwise worthless Sawyer bags!

Andrew Priest
    BPL Member

@aushiker1

Locale: Fremantle

Great idea. I had been using a cut down PET bottle as a scoop but I like your idea.

Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 126 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools