Topic

Breakfast for a non-cooker

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Breakfast for a non-cooker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Now we know what to do with the inevitable left-over Christmas fruit cake! Especially if, as I used to do, it has been marinated in lots of brandy! :-)

Laurie Ann, your meusli recipe sounds really good (although for me I'll omit the coconut). I'll try it!

Mina Loomis
    BPL Member

@elmvine

Locale: Central Texas

Sounds great, I am going to test this on Robert for our JMT hike later this summer.

>>If you brought the milk powder, mix it with water and then pour the milk over the muesli.

One suggestion: The better-tasting milk powders (Nido, bulk non-instant, etc.) do not always mix easily in cold water. But if you mix the dry milk powder first with the dry cereal, and then pour the cold water in, the milk will mix just fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools