Topic

Looking for a spot in GA for May 27 – 29 (2 nights) ASAP. Ideas?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Looking for a spot in GA for May 27 – 29 (2 nights) ASAP. Ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zachary Crane
    BPL Member

@zcrane

Locale: Midwest, USA

Now that I've firmed up my plans in TN, I need to figure out GA. However, I'm running into a rather large snag. The dates I need a place to stay for are the 27th – 29th, also known as part of memorial day weekend. Not only does this mean campgrounds are already full, but all of GA's state parks require a 3-night minimum stay for that weekend.

That basically means that I'm hitting the road in 2 days without a place to stay while passing through GA…. unless BPL can come to the rescue once again.

Does anyone have any ideas on places to stay for a night or two (2 is ideal) that will allow me to get in some good hiking? Obviously, cheaper is better (hence the tent camping along my road trip), but if I'm forced into some sort of inexpensive hotel, it's not the end of the world. I really just need to find something ASAP.

To give you an idea of the locations I was looking at…. I had been considering parks such as Black Rock Mountain, Tallulah Gorge, and Amicalola Falls. I'll be passing through GA from N to S, and will remain E of Atlanta. That said, I can deviate from the route for a good spot.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Marcano
    BPL Member

@ericm

Locale: Southcentral Texas

One option is to ditch civilization, park the car and either hit the AT out and back to Springer from Amicalola or a backcountry campsite (Vogel or Black Rock, for instance).

Its kind of what I decided to do: I'll be starting at Amicalola on the 26th and popping out at Neels Gap on the 29th with a shuttle back to Amicalola.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools