Topic

ThermoJet MicroLite windscreen

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ThermoJet MicroLite windscreen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bryan Cook

@bryancook

Does the boil time and fuel consumption of the ThermoJet MicroLite improve when covering the windscreen holes on the windward side? The “ThermoJet MicroLite Alcohol Stove” review says in it’s “Tips and Tricks” section that “The wind protection provided by the ThermoJet’s combustion chamber (windscreen/pot stand) could be improved by covering the ports on one side”. However, the “Performance Comparison Testing of Lightweight Alcohol Stoves” review shows both the boil time and fuel consumption increasing in table 4 when the ports are covered on the windward side of the windscreen.

Anonymous

I did some trials at home using a large fan to act as ‘wind’. I found that in very strong winds it was necessary to completely block the windscreen bottom holes to prevent the stove from blowing out. I suspect the increased boil time merely reflects the fact that strong winds, even with a good windscreen, will still increase boil times.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools