Topic

great 2 person tent??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) great 2 person tent??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Megan P
    BPL Member

@meganpetruccelli

Locale: San Francisco

I posted yesterday but I decided to broaden the question. I'm looking for a new tent. I use my tent quite often and am looking to replace an older tent with something a little bit lighter for backpacking.

My current tent weighs in at a hefty 5.13lbs BUT is really comfortable at 57"x 88" (It's for 2 people and the occasional dog)

I spend a lot of time in my tent and I am ok with carrying extra weight for a GREAT tent. Should be a 3 season tent, I don't camp in the snow unless it starts snowing while we're out there. I camp in Colorado, California, Utah.

My priorities are:

freestanding
    ability to avoid condensation/weather resistance
    Likability/comfort
    doors, I prefer not to have to roll over anyone to get out the door in the middle of the night.
    space
    durability
    weight. Although a lightweight tent is a pro I'm more concerned with likability, pockets, weather resistance, durability, etc.

PREFERABLY under $400. I'm open to ANY tent!

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,
    Megan
    colorado backcountyoutside of crested butte

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

After trying a number of tents over the years, we now use a tent that meets many of your criteria — the Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo. We give up "freestanding," but get great space, low weight, excellent weather protection, two doors with large vestibules, and the most impressive interior headroom and volume. So far, although it is a single wall silnylon shelter, condensation has not been an issue. The "likeability/comfort" factor is very positive for us, and we don't miss "freestanding" at all.

Another option would be the Tarptent Scarp 2, which I believe meets all your objective criteria. (I have no idea if you would "like" it.)

kevin smith

@divr6347

not ul but have a look at the black diamond mesa i had this tent and it is

a bomber choice for a dual door/vestibule 3 season tent

i just got a 2011 mountainsmith morrison and it too has double doors/vestibules

only had it out for a two nighter so far but im pretty impressed with the features and build quality of this tent mountainsmith has done a great job on the morrison in my opinion plus its a great value for the money

kevin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools