Topic

Colorado Trail conditions in early July

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Colorado Trail conditions in early July

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Graeme Finley

@gfinley001

Locale: SF Bay Area

Can anyone give me some idea of the likely conditions on the southern half of the CO Trail in the first couple of weeks of July? I'm trying to get a sense of the probable snow/spring run-off/bug situation for a relative who's thinking of hiking that part of the trail over about three weeks. Will there be a lot of people on the trail at that time?

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Try asking on the CT Forum at trailforums.com

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

I think you will find the southern route mostly trouble free from a snow perspective my early July. Any snow should largely be avoidable by that time. Not sure about bugs.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

This link should be helpful, too:
    http://www.coloradotrail.org/snowandweather.html

You *should* be fine by early July esp starting from Denver and heading to Durango.

Aaron Armstrong

@traderaaron

Locale: Colorado

The CT is actually pretty low for Colorado standards over the majority of the route, the heavy record type snow this year is in northern Colorado mostly and at and on the west side of the divide. The CT largely is avoiding the heaviest snow areas. Shouldn't be trouble with bugs unless it has been real rainy along your route.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools