Topic

Camelbak Elixir Bottle- Great Aquamira Case!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Camelbak Elixir Bottle- Great Aquamira Case!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Allan Peretz

@alibi

Locale: The Ozarks

Hi All:

One of the concerns folks have with Aquamira is the damage it can do to your gear if spilled. I've stumbled upon a great way to carry Aquamira very safely and with high utility.

Ingredients:

– Empty Camelbak Elixir container
    Gossamer Gear Dropper Bottles (others will probably work)
    – Aquamira

Once you've finished the Camelbak Elixir, you can remove the artwork with the scrubby side of a sponge and water (this makes the container easily identifiable). You'll also have to remove the desiccant that's hidden on the inside of the Elixir cap- you can do this by gently squeezing the desiccant holder with pliers or otherwise removing the flat disc covering the desiccant granules.

You'll find that two Gossamer Gear droppers will fit perfectly inside this container with its cap installed- bottles will not move at all when closed. The container is crush resistant, seals extremely well, and can be used as your Aquamira mixing vessel.

The adjusted Camelbak Elixir bottle (with cap) weighs 12 grams. This is more than the ~6 grams for a baggie + Aquamira mixing cap, however, the peace of mind and added utility is well worth it for me!

Allan

Elixir / Aquamira Storage Solution

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

Thanks for the idea! I ponder what to do with my Nuun and Elixir bottles every time they're emptied.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools