Topic

Gunnison Spur Trail w/alternative routes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Gunnison Spur Trail w/alternative routes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bachman

@rivrfox

Locale: Western Slope, Colorado

Photos here…:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62909081@N05/sets/72157626603385825/show/

Quick blurb:

Left Friday night hiked a bit into the night and set up camp. Saturday hiked through the heat into the snow. Snow showers with a hint of a bad storm passed, turned sunny then dumped buckets of rain. Hiked back some alternative routes that took me off course and added a few miles on the way back.

Might bring snow shoes on my next northbound attempt, jump onto Doctor's Park trail and then head west on the matchless trail to deadman gulch trail 420 to bear creek trail 415 to flag creek trail 422 to Reno Divide Rd. 759 and hitch out or take the bus back to Gunnison from Crested Butte South.

Planning an epic bike trip…gun spur trail, doctors park, matchless, camp at dinner plate, lily pond over star pass into brush creek or you could go back towards cb south via Italian Mtn I think. This works from cb south but starting with reno/flag/bear/deadman's…

Main gear used:
    Mariposa plus, tarptent squall, golite UL quilt, inov-8 x-talon 240s. Tejas rocked the ruffwear approach 2 pack. He kept me going strong when the hike started to drag late Saturday night.

Camera: Canon Powershot sx210 is. Got it as a gift. Haven't started manually messing with settings. I hear you can get much better quality photos this way. It's a bit heavy but seems to be a nice camera. Sorry forgot to take video.

Hope you enjoyed. Saw some good wildlife and wildflowers…was on a bit of a time crunch so I didn't take as many photos as I could.

Cheers,
    Michael

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Locale: Western Massachusetts

Man, those rainbow pictures were stunning! Super jealous.

What kind of Inov-8's were those?

Michael Bachman

@rivrfox

Thanks for the comment. I looked like a wet trashbag with hard wind-driven rain but then was blessed with that rainbow right as the rain started to wind down. Umbrella came in handy but the winds were 15-20+ at one point making things a bit challenging.

Levon Jensen
    BPL Member

@levonjensen

Locale: Canadian Rockies

nice pictures, looks like you had a good time, Didn't happen to find a pot of gold? haha

Michael Bachman

@rivrfox

Just a bunch of sagebrush…:)

It was an enjoyable trip but pretty difficult hike at times due to mudseason conditions.

Jennifer McFarlane
    BPL Member

@jennymcfarlane

Locale: Southern California

Great Pictures Michael
    Tejas looking pretty sharp- even in the one where he looks drenched.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools