Topic

Repairing Silnylon on Shangri-la 3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Repairing Silnylon on Shangri-la 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William Cummings

@rcummings1

Locale: Colorado

I am repairing an Golite SL-3 that has 4-5 half moon cuts from the center pole in two places while in the stuff sack. Both are about 2"x2". I put the first patches on the outside and was wondering if I need to patch them on the inside also? I used GE Silicone and I sacrificed the SL-3 stuff sack for the patches.

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

I'd do both sides because of the size and location.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

+1 on both sides

Also, since you may need (or want) a new stuff sack I'd suggest a separate sack for the poles with both ends made with a double layer of silnylon.

William Cummings

@rcummings1

Locale: Colorado

Thanks Andy and Jim.

Jim, I took your idea and used another piece of silnylon I had and made a larger stuff sack. Then sewed a seam down one side to make an intergrated sleeve for the pole. Doubled up the bottom corner and put an extra flap on top like the old style rain closure for reinforcement. It came out great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools