Topic

What could you do with a silicone wrist band?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear What could you do with a silicone wrist band?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    >> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

This is our lightweight solution to keep airmats rolled up. The material is 100% recycled silicone and weight is 0.19 oz. Glow in the dark means you won't have trouble finding it at night. Amazingly these things can be used as wrist bands! Who would have known :) I have been using one on my TI pot to keep the lid on when not in use. They are quite flexible and strong. What alternate uses can you come up with?

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Bender, what is the diameter? How wide is the band? Does it stretch much? Will it fit around a Heinie can snugly? So many questions.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

The inside diameter is 2.5" and they stretch to a diameter of 5.75". That works out to a circumference of 8" to 18" or flat 4" to 9". They fit a pop can snugly without really stretching. Width is 1/2".

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Could we slice one down the middle to cut the weight in half?

–B.G.–

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

Caldera cones also use these so that you can replace your fosters can with a new one that doesn't have the pre-dented lip to hold it up.

Rand Lindsly
    BPL Member

@randlindsly

Locale: Yosemite

…..Actually…..we have special silicon bands made up to go around the Fosters and Heinie cans that are larger in diameter and a bit wider. The standard size wrist band shown is really too small to get around the fosters and heinie cans easily without crushing them.

Rand :-)

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I use one to stop lens creep on my Nikon 18-200 VR zoom lens.

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

I've put a silicone wrist band around the top rim of my Ti cup to protect my bottom lip while sipping hot liquids. Works great.

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Silicone egg rings are pretty versatile too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools