Topic

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC Sleeping Pad $US 64 at Amazon.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC Sleeping Pad $US 64 at Amazon.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Manuel Espejo
    BPL Member

@manuel-espejo

Locale: La Cuchilla de los Santa.

I just order one Regular sized.

Bill Wang
    BPL Member

@billwang

Locale: SF Bay Area

I didn't think this was available yet. I just placed an order though. Thanks! -Bill

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

The site says they are out of stock and will ship when they are available.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

That link goes to what I believe is the women's version, which can be detrimental if they're insulation mapping is substantially different. In any case, it's the short version. Thanks though.

Manuel Espejo
    BPL Member

@manuel-espejo

Amazon confirmed my order, the pad will be on my hands on may 12, when i place the order there was only 6 in stock. i was hunting this pad for several days, time to replace my BA Clearview.

p.d: excuse my english.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

From the specs for the women's version vs the regular, the women's is 1oz heavier at 15oz and shorter as well.

I'm thinking the women's version probably has a higher R-value. This would account for the extra weight and is appropriate since women tend to sleep colder than men, thus making it gender specific (Also the POE site says they use "bio mapping" in the foot region). So anyone picking this up, you're most likely getting a warmer but heavier pad than the regular.

Stephen B Elder Jr
    Spectator

@selder

Locale: Front range CO

I checked Amazon for a size regular a month or so ago and had go the "notify me when available" routine. A couple of weeks later they emailed me that there was no expected in stock date and that my order was being canceled. I found one at Sportsman's Guide of all places, was delivered maybe 5 days after I ordered it in spite of a 3 week expected ship date they warned of. More $ though.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=765677

Have fun,
    Steve

Manuel Espejo
    BPL Member

@manuel-espejo

well, Amazon send the tracking number. the package is on the way :)

Bill Wang
    BPL Member

@billwang

I got an email that my order (should be regular size 20x72x2.5) shipped for $64.53. So we shall see what arrives.

Gabe Miller
    BPL Member

@gabespartan

Can you send the link to the regular? I don't see it on there, just the women's. I am looking for the long, actually.

Bill Wang
    BPL Member

@billwang

Received just today from Amazon. It only weighs 11.8oz (334g)!! which is great since I thought it was going to be 14oz (which is what is says on the box). I hope they didn't forget to put in some of insulation. I haven't inflated it yet, but it has some panels on one side on the inside, it feels like.

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

I exchanged my neoair trekker for one of these pads in a size regular. I haven't tried sleeping on it yet, it feels a lot smaller though. it does way significantly less though

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Timing could not be better; I am going out later today for an overnight to play with all my new toys, and when I got back from shopping a few minutes ago it was on the front porch. Pad only (no stuffsack, cinch strap or repair kit) is 10.45 oz on my scale; I am also wondering if some of the insulation was left out. I just emailed POE to ask if they know why the difference between the weight and the specs on their site.

Will report back tomorrow on comfort when I've had a chance to sleep on it.

edit: see user review by me

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Here's my reply from POE customer service when I asked whether my lighter than specs pad was a 2nd, or what…

Hi Debbie,

This is accurate.
    Our Peak Elite AC pads are lighter than originally planned.
    The reason for this is our original weight is from a sample piece. Once this item was put into production it is even lighter which is a nice surprise. No it is not missing anything. There is always a slight variation from pad to pad. We have been seeing pieces from 10 oz. to 12 oz. with a mean of about 11.5 oz for the 'regular' length. So for the Petite length you should be a little lighter than that. Which you are.

So your pad is exactly where it should be.

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Josh Wise

Customer Service
    Pacific Outdoor Equipment, Laken and Baladeo USA

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

The regular Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC Sleeping Pad is back in stock at Amazon. $63.74 with free with Super Saver Shipping

Manuel Espejo
    BPL Member

@manuel-espejo

I just open the box and turn ON the scale: 367 grams, a lot of waiting time from USA to Manizales, Colombia! time to head out to the Paramo ;)

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

much smaller and lighter than my prolite 4, haven't weight it yet though.

chris gorham

@cmg3dd

Back on sale on Amazon at the sales price and free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Outdoor-Equipment-Elite-Sleeping/dp/B004JMQDJW

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Backcountry has these in stock as well with free shipping. Not for 64 though :(

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

I got a long one from backcountry edge. Feels pretty comfy and it only weighs 12.5 oz! A bit under spec.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

For those that are interested, I weighed 3 sizes, and got the following results. Note: weights are only for the mattress, without the stuff sack and repair kit

3/4 length: 9oz
    72" regular length: 10.8oz
    Womens Petite 66": 11.4oz

Gabe Miller
    BPL Member

@gabespartan

no longer on sale and only the women's regular in stock.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

This news is not helping my headache. I was about to buy one.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

http://www.ebikestop.com/pacific_outdoor_equipment_peak_ac_sleeping_pad_regular_stretch_limo-OB3220.php

I just ordered from there. Oh wait, maybe I ordered the last one because it's out of stock. Well, if they keep the same price, it may be cheaper than Amazon depending on where you live and your Amazon membership. The pad on Amazon would have cost me $63.55 shipped. The pad from ebikestop was $67.94 shipped to California.

Their system allowed me to place an order, but apparently they don't do a very good job of inventory control because it was back ordered. I'm cancelling my order with ebikestop.

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

Amazon has the regular in stock again, and it's a dollar cheaper now.
    Now if only they would get the long in stock.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools