Topic

UL Paddle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting UL Paddle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mountford
    BPL Member

@sparticus

Locale: Atlantic Canada

Anyone have experience with Alpacka's new paddle that are blades that attach to a Black Diamond pole?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I know the Sam of the Yoga Slackers has one. I haven't seen any feedback on it though. IIRC, it's for flat water use only.

Paul Mountford
    BPL Member

@sparticus

Locale: Atlantic Canada

Thanks Chris,

It would be nice to get some feedback on it. I just ordered my first Alpacka Boat and included the paddle blades with the order. I was aware that they are for flat-water, but as I already have the poles, so I thought they might make a good lightweight option. I was planning on getting a more robust paddle later.

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

whatever you do, if you are going to go the two-paddle route, make darn sure they are tied onto the boat before it leaves shore. there seem to be any number of ways paddles get dropped, and if they sink, you are out of luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools