Looking at doing a 100km loop in Kilarney Park here in Ontario and am thinking over my gear, here is the basic list:
Worn:
Capline T-Shirt
shorts
boxers
La Sportive Wildcat Trail Runners
BD Expedition Poles
Shelter:
MEC Scout Tarp — 14oz
MLD Bug Bivy
6oz
Sleep:
FF Viero
19oz
OR
WM Apache
32oz
BPL TorsoLite —- 9oz
5mm Yellow MEC Pad 9oz
Pillow stuffsack – 2oz
Cooking:
Brunton Crux
3oz
Snow Peak 1400 — 6oz
Packing:
MEC Genie 30L
16oz
OR
Cilo 45L Worksack – 30ish oz
Clothing:
R1 Hoody
12oz
Alpine Light Parka- 14oz
GoLite Phantom —- 12oz
Pata windshirt
5oz
OR Sun runner hat – 4oz
Spare shirt
6oz
2x spare socks —- 10oz
1x spare boxers — 4oz
Fleece Glove 100 — 4oz
long pants
10oz
Consumables:
Bug Juice
Sunscreen
Other:
Good Book
Good Camera
As far as cooking goes I'm aiming for a mix of dry foods like coosecoose, ect
Concerns:
-Bears+Mice — I have some wiremesh bags that I can bring for mice, but bears are a concern. I'll be hiking solo so may take bearspray and a SPOT. I think I'll need to hang my food.
-Tarp — a little concerned about how much protection the tarp+bivy will provide from rain
-Clothing — thinking of packing my 4oz OR Endeavor Mitts??? Is the Alpine Light Parka too much, I also have a nano puff pullover.
I think the long pants may be needed w/ bugs, also thinking of bringing silkweight longjohns.
-Others — have left out stuff like a minamul first aid kit w/ foot care stuff (4-5oz), small knife (2oz), Bearspray (heavy), sunglasses, compass and map.
What do you guys think?


