Topic

Reflectix left overs/scraps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Reflectix left overs/scraps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

I wanted to make a couple freezer bag cozies for an upcoming trip and was wondering if anyone had any reflectix scraps they could part with. I looked into buying a roll at Home Depot but they only had big rolls and I definitely don't need that much material.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Sorry I don't have any scraps, but have two suggestions:
    -Some hardware stores sell it by the foot, so might be worth checking elsewhere (esp. with regional chains)
    -Reflectix tape is cheap, a few dollars a roll. You could just coat regular bubblewrap in the Reflectix tape, although this may or may not be heavier (1 layer of foil + adhesive, vs. 2 layers of foil). I used the Reflectix tape to line the inside of CCF pot cozys and it works really well.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

If I could find a place that sells it by the foot that would be perfect. I might try some other hardware stores if no one has any scraps they can part with. Thanks for the heads up.

sam ketchum

@samyk

I have a full roll somewhere. I could let some go for shipping and say 3 bucks. If you live near Nashua you could even come by and get it.

David Adair
    Spectator

@davidadair

Locale: West Dakota

For what it's worth- If you soak foam core presentation board the paper comes right off which leaves a pretty decent piece of flexible insulation. It's kind of expensive but if you have left over used pieces the price is right.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Sam,

How wide is your roll? Thanks.

sam ketchum

@samyk

Will let yuo know in the morning. Working till 830.

Eric Thompson
    BPL Member

@er0ck

Locale: PNW

if sam can't come through for you, i have a bunch i can get you in a PIF fashion…

Eric Thompson
    BPL Member

@er0ck

Locale: PNW

fyi all, my roll is 61cm (24") wide

sam ketchum

@samyk

sorry it took so long. roll is 24" wide

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Thanks Sam for your help. Eric ended up sending me a piece.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools