Topic

Searching

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

If I'm looking for a posting I have had good luck using Google.

Here's an example.

I wanted to find my posting entitled "tarp pole connections" in the MYOG forum. I googleed "tarp pole connections bpl" and the first one listed was the right one.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

or, the other thing you can search on is

tarp pole connections site:backpackinglight.com

to just search on this web address

david woods

@woodsie

Locale: Middle Tennessee

The search BPL in the header apparently does not look in the forums. If you go to the Margin, Forums: Search Forums , search for "tarp pole connections" there it is. You can also select specific forum sections to limit the search further. Now if the forums search just had an option to only show the thread once instead of all the posts…..

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

David and Jerry,

Thanks for the tips. I tried both and both worked.

I hadn't noticed the "search forums" function in the margin. I've only been using the search function and advanced search function at the top of the page. My frustration with that tool is what drove me to Google.

Daryl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools