Does anyone have experience with this overshoe for snowshoeing? Do you know the weight for a pair? It looks interesting but there isn’t much information on the Crescent Moon site or various retailers, like Backcountry.com.
Craig Shelley
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
Does anyone have experience with this overshoe for snowshoeing? Do you know the weight for a pair? It looks interesting but there isn’t much information on the Crescent Moon site or various retailers, like Backcountry.com.
Craig Shelley
My pair weighs 10 oz. I wear them with a pair of size 10.5 Gore-Tex trail runners and gaiters. My feet have never been cold or wet snowshoeing with them in the Sierras.
How much additional warmth do the Crescent Moon Neoprene OverBooties add?
I can take my Gortex trail runners to the low teens with a smartwool sock and gaitor (OR Rocky Mt. Low or High). I'm looking at these and the 40below Simple slipper which is half as thick (3mm).
I could possibly be snowshoeing in subzero F temps. (-3 to -10). In the past this was with a snowboarding boot which was too warm and my feet are pretty sweaty when I'm done.
I could possible layer these 2 options as well.
The 40below Slipper Overboot combo is too much money so I'm looking to improvise.
Become a member to post in the forums.