Topic

Sources for LineLocs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sources for LineLocs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Locale: Southeast

1 LineLoc SRB would cost $1.72 plus 0.33 tax. Minimum shipping for less than 1 kg would be $11.53, at today's exchange rate. Each one weighs 3.2 grams.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Always assumed the acetal stuff would be lighter than metal, but note that the 3.2 grams for the separating lineloc is .113 oz, while the JSBurlys smallest Ti clips are .025 oz, and even the stainless ones are .05 oz. More expensive, but if only a few are needed for a MYOG app, and tautline hitches are acceptable, definitely lighter for quickly connecting or separating a guyline from whatever. Pretty strong, too. Am I counting weeniegrams? Yes, because the total weight is the sum of the weights of the parts.

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Gossamer Gear now has the World Side Release Lineloc Buckles. They are 4 for $6.00. Here's the link.
    http://gossamergear.com/etc/wsr-lineloc-buckle.html

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

A great christmas present for the MYOG crowd from Gossamer Gear to get LineLoc3 WSR buckles.It just took a big enough company to share the bulk of what they purchased for manufacture of their own product. Perfect proof Gossamer Gear supports the Ultra lite backpacking world even if you MYOG.
    Send them a E-Christmas card or email to thank them.
    Terry

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Send them a E-Christmas card or email to thank them.

I just did that … sorta … in the form of an order that spent as much on other things as it did for a bunch of LineLoc3 WSR buckles

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Wow. I ordered 8 linelocs this morning and already have gotten notice that the order has been shipped, it looks like before noon. Is GG's service always this good? If it is, I'll be back.

chris markley

@motorapido

Save some money and shave 0.70 grams. Tie a tiny solomon bar slider knot instead of using a lineloc. Tie it once and you're done. Should last for zillions of slides. Gram weenie that I am, I recently compared a lineloc that I took off a cuben fiber stuff sack to the weight of the solomon bar slider knot I used in its place, and I shaved off a mind-blowing 0.7 grams. This means I can add about 3/4 of a single extra peanut in my trail mix with no weight penalty!!!

Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

Locale: New England

It looks like Chris Zimmer is sourcing Line Locs and Line Loc buckles on his site. And the hard to find Packhooks.

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

I ordered my linelocs from GG on Dec 20 and had them through the mail on Dec 23.

Thanks GG.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

In case the previous post was missed, you can find them here now:
    http://gossamergear.com/etc/wsr-lineloc-buckle.html

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools