Topic

Light River Crossing Sandals

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light River Crossing Sandals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    r steina

@rstegina

What is the lightest, yet with some support / ankle support (flip-flops don’t count). I have Teva’s but they seem quite heavy and was wondering if there was a brand model that was light yet supportive. Also to be worn around camp at end of night.

Glenn Roberts

@garkjr

Locale: Southwestern Ohio

I have a friend who carries the Waldies (I think that’s the name) shoe for camp wear; he says it also works well for stream crossings. It looks like those green gardening shoes you see – fully enclosed front, fully open back. I was surprised when I lifted it; it couldn’t have weighed more that 10 ounces for the pair. Haven’t tried them myself yet; I don’t have to wade that often, and I don’t use camp shoes. So, this isn’t first hand experience – but I do trust my friend’s advice.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I use to use my Teva sandals, then went to Speedo Surf Walkers. The Surf Walkers are 9 ounces less than my Teva’s, are more like a neoprene shoe with a more plyable rubber sole than the Teva. I like the movement in the Surf walker through water and wearing at camp. When wet, I stuff them in the outer mesh pocket to dry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools