Topic

Weminuche – Pine River/Flint Creek Loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Weminuche – Pine River/Flint Creek Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Travis Davis
    Spectator

@rockytop

Think I've found the loop I'd like to do in the Weminuche. Has anyone done this? I'd like to know where the best places to camp are. Planning on spending night 1 at Emerald Lake, and finishing at the end of day 3. Is there anywhere to camp between Flint Lakes and the Pine River intersection?

Robert Alston

@ocotillo

I did this hike last summer over 5 days. There are a few spots to camp along the Flint Creek drainage, the better ones are closer to the Pope's Nose as the trail flattens out.

I didn't stay at the camping area designated for Emerald Lake (you can't camp around the lake) but instead choose a spot past the lake up the valley just before the trail starts the climb to Moon Lake. This was a designate horse camp and I shared the camp with a young couple.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools