Topic

Supermarket Boil ‘n Bag Meal Zip Locks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Supermarket Boil ‘n Bag Meal Zip Locks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Here’s a great alternative to the Stand and Zip (hot link to BPL store item) OP Sak by Watchful Eye Designs. It’s not odor proof though.

It’s the Trader Joe’s Jumbo Raisen Medley. After using the raisens, the bag is a freebie meal bag. Measures: 8″WIDE x 6.75″TALL with a 3.25″ wide gusset on the bottom. WEIGHS: 10g or 0.35oz

Gusseted, zip-lock top seal, more durable than OP Saks IME. I really like this bag, the material is more rigid and tougher than the OP saks and it handles boiling water no problem. The seal on the zip is nice and tight too.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Nice find. I’ve been saving things like this again. Too bad we don’t have trader joe’s out here. BTW a family size poundcake tin is aluminum and weighs 26grams. Think what you can do with that one :)

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I haven’t found the need for anything more than Walmart quart freezer bags. For me the gussetted bottom might make it harder to get at that last morsel of ramen : ).

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

I’ve seen many products packaged in these kinds of bags lately… and the nice thing about the gusset is that there are no folds inside at all… the gusset is a smooth bowl shape on the inside.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools