Topic

Oware CatPoncho

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Oware CatPoncho

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Carlsen

@cooleric1234

Does anyone know anything about the Oware CatPoncho? I was thinking of getting the GoLite poncho/tarp but I noticed the warning on this site regarding pitching poncho tarps in the A-frame configuration. A lean-to seems less useful because of the exposure to the elements and/or need to shift the pitch as the weather changes. I would think the CatPoncho would solve that problem, but the details on it are sparse.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I must have missed the warning….what was said?

Keith Franchois

@naqab

I too was wondering about the CatPoncho too- does it have a waist bungee? snaps at the sides?

Eric Carlsen

@cooleric1234

If you look at the page for either of the SpinPonchos (found here) there is a link to a PDF that is called:

Click here to download the SpinPoncho User Guide (Adobe PDF)

Once you click on the PDF you will find that it says not to pitch the SpinPoncho in an A-frame configuration. It says the plane of the hood needs to be…well…a plane, in other words, flat. It recommends a lean-to type pitch. That seems less useful to me. Perhaps it’s just because the material is spinnaker, but the Golite pictures of their poncho also show a lean-to.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

There is a photo in the inclement camping with a poncho article at BPL found here (scroll down) This demonstrates a modified lean to approach with a BPL spinnaker poncho.

Hope this helps

Roger

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools