Topic

Savage Gulf April ’11

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Savage Gulf April ’11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    david woods

@woodsie

Locale: Middle Tennessee

A one night getaway to Alum Gap from Stone Door. No pics of the lightning but got to weather a pretty good storm in the hexamid with +30mph wind driven rain.laurel gulf view

really need a bigger hatalum gap

hexamid, should be looking at the back of it as the wind is blowing this way, but hey that view is so much betterhexamid

gotta eatspam

heading out, down rocksdown

trail

normally dry creek crossing, not todaydry creek

upsucksup

stone doorstone doortree

home stretchlast trail

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Might get a tad damp on that stream crossing!

Waaaay cool pics, David!

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

I live close by too and have been planning to go soon. Any tips? BTW love the hexamid; prettier than my GG tarp. Been to Fiery Gizzard?

david woods

@woodsie

Locale: Middle Tennessee

Thanks Todd with all the rain, water water everywhere, a far cry from two summers ago when you had to pack in all you needed up there.

Ben I have done all of Savage Gulf, Stone Door, and Collins but the Gizzard is still on the to do list. South Cumberland Recreation Area offers some great hiking and views imho. If you haven't already you can download trail maps at

http://www.friendsofscsra.org

under visitor help.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Thanks for the info. I have driven past the area many times to backpack and didn't even know it existed until fairly recently. I hope to go before it gets hot.

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

We were down there over Easter Weekend. I was surprised how many folks were there that weekend. Even Sawmill campsite was full. A few yrs ago when I was there over Easter I didn't see anyone!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools