Topic

Glueless Climbing Skins for Tele / Rando / Splitboard

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Glueless Climbing Skins for Tele / Rando / Splitboard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    . .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I just picked up a set from: Gecko Skins

Has anyone used these yet? I am looking forward to it for several reasons, lighter weight being one, convenience another. They came in at 26 oz. on my scale untrimmed @ 140mm x 170cm

Note, these are not clip skins, but have a molecular adhesions, a la Geckos.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I've been reading about them but have not yet laid hands on nor used a set. I'll be curious to hear more.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

They just recently received the split board version in Denver, so they were heretofore unavailable for b/c riders in proper form. I'm tempted to ship them to you to try out first, Sam, if you have any sloshes coming up, because I am heading out of town for a couple of weeks soon and will be far from snow. PM me with your board specs, if you're interested. /a

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Mmmm, sloshing. Yes that is something I will most definitely be doing. In fact I've been trying to round up a posse for day after tomorrow. I sent you a PM.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

These skins look intriguing…

Curious how they perform in real world conditions!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

My curiosity exactly, Mags. Yesterday was very, very hot and the glue on my skins is three or four years old. Fortunately we were only doing one lap so I didn't need to re-apply them to wet boards but I estimate it could have proven problem-worthy. The tail-ends of my skins are definitely shot and I can't even get them to stick in my warm and dry apartment (no tail clip solution for my splitboard yet).

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Interesting idea. There's definitely a lot of neat stuff happening in this scene lately. Hopefully these gecko skins or the clip skins turn out to be real winners. I'm sick of glue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools