Topic

Hetch Hetchy travelers–bridge is fixed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hetch Hetchy travelers–bridge is fixed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

The Wapama Bridge has been repaired for all who're jonesing for an early season trip to the drowned valley. I'm guessing there's a little water in the falls right now.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/24/SPL51J5FGD.DTL

Cheers,

Rick

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Anyone looking for a nice snowshoe trip, head to Hetch Hetchy. There is a 42 mile loop up to Tilden Lake that is easy, assuming no interesting creek crossing yet, and pretty straight-forward. I did that loop two years ago as my first snoswhoe trip. Tilden is a gem. There are also some other shorter loops if you check a map. Jack Main Canyon is very cool.

Tilden

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

That is also a good direction to go in mid-summer, once all of the snow is gone and the streams are normal. Head from Hetch Hetchy right up through the Beehive trail junction. That's good if you are into flowers and birds, and a pause at Lake Vernon is nice.

–B.G.–

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools