Topic

Backpacker’s Pantry – Gourmet Meal Packs – Lightweight – 2-Person, 3-Day – nearly 50% off @ STP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Backpacker’s Pantry – Gourmet Meal Packs – Lightweight – 2-Person, 3-Day – nearly 50% off @ STP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

If you are signed up to receive promotions from Sierra Trading Post – check your email for a notice pertaining to their 20%-30% off inventory reduction sale and a link to shop the sale at an extra 30% off sale prices. Two Backpacker's Pantry meal packs are included in the sale – Links to each item (prices are with the add'l 30% discount):

Vegetarian – $31.46 + shipping – http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1009V_Backpackers-Pantry-Vegetarian-Gourmet-Meal-Packs-Lightweight-2-Person-3-Day.html

Non-Vegetarian – $31.46 + shipping – http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,2467C_Backpackers-Pantry-Gourmet-Meal-Pack-2-Person-3-Day.html

I don't know about you, but having eyeballed the prices for individual dehydrated meals at REI and the like, I think this is a great deal. The sale runs through the 25th (tomorrow!).

Craig Kowalski

@killerkowalski

They have had them for months and I picked up two orders and twoo different times. My take. The Backpack Pantry meals are a pain. After purchasing these, I rather stay with the Mountain House meals. Putting the meals in my pot makes for a messy clean up when I can't regulate my temperture.

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

I would not buy them again either. I prefer Mountain House.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

Why don't you cook them in bag? I ordered one of these a while ago. I think the Mountain House meals taste better, but I did not have any issues cooking these in their pouch.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools