Topic

Uinta Highland Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Uinta Highland Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mark McGuire

@maamcgui

Locale: Midwest

Hey everyone,

This is quite early (14 months) but I am starting my research early (I like to be prepared). A friend and I will be hiking part of the Uinta Highland Trail. We will start at Leidy Peak or near there and end at Mirror Lake RD. I think this is the fairly common route even though it isnt quite end to end (30-40 miles short).

Our biggest concern is getting back to the "start" (Shuttling).

I was wondering if any had been able to find a shuttle service near the trail?

We live on the east coast so we will be flying into Salt Lake and renting a car probably some thing with some ground clearance as I have read the dirt roads can be a little rough getting to the trail heads.

We are going to try to talk a friend into driving up as that would help but he is a Whitewater Raft guide based out a Flag Staff so we are not sure if he will be able to afford the time off to come up and hike with us.

If others have done this we would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Oh, and I hope I posted this in the correct section. If I did not I apologize in advance for the trouble of someone having to move it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools