Topic

toiletries… what do you take?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) toiletries… what do you take?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Locale: Washington State

Paper and baby wipes.

May gross people out but I don't take a toothbrush. Nor do I take anything to replace it. I've went for plenty of hikes without one and my teeth have yet to fall out.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

That depends on your teeth. Remember, the issue isn't just cavities, but the dreaded gum disease! Modern dentistry can do a lot, but it costs plenty! Flossing now will save you a lot of $$$ later on!

roberto nahue
    BPL Member

@carspidey

Locale: san fernando valley

In my case I do need one as I have to sleep with a mouth guard cuz I grind my teeth when I sleep.

As far as shampoo I wanted it mostly to wash my self. I have really short hair right now.

Where do you get dr bronners?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I've seen it in a lot of places. REI def has it. Some supermarkets will too (try calling tradejoes or whole foods). Here's a link to various distributors
    http://www.drbronner.com/wholesale.html

Click through the categories until u find something closeby

Larry M
    BPL Member

@maethros

Locale: Mid South

I believe Target carries Dr. Bronners as well.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

You can get single-use packets of Glide floss that come in tiny foil packets—barely even a gram in weight individually. yes, I floss on the trail–hate stuff between my teeth.

Why does everyone use the peppermint Dr. Bronner's? I thought we were supposed to minimize scented products in the outdoors. Dr. Bronner's does make an unscented soap–a little tricky to find sometimes, but I've found it at Super Supplements.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

"That depends on your teeth. Remember, the issue isn't just cavities, but the dreaded gum disease! Modern dentistry can do a lot, but it costs plenty! Flossing now will save you a lot of $$$ later on!"

True. But a couple of days without brushing isn't going to do a lot of damage. Now a thru hike is a different story!

roberto nahue
    BPL Member

@carspidey

Locale: san fernando valley

I found a few stores around the area that carries it…

but now, peppermit? or odorless?

Evan Cabodi
    BPL Member

@blackrock

Locale: Pacific Northwest

-Toilet Paper
    -Sunscreen
    -Deet
    -Hand Sanitizer
    -Chapstick
    -Visine

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

Mike C'c tooth paste dots are great. You have to use tooth paste and NOT gel. Gel does not dry well. You just dot pea sized tooth paste on wax paper and leave it somewhere to dry for a few weeks then peel them off. They are kinda like fruit leathers. I put them in a small zip baggie. I sprinkle in some baking soda and shake it up so they don't stick together. When you need to use, put one in your mouth and chew it a few times, then brush.

Also, I get small droppers from strictlyejuice.com . This is where I get liquid for my electric cigarette (for my nicotine habit). I order from them every 6 weeks or so and they are very reliable. They have empty droppers from 3-30ml. They all have screw tops and removable nipples under the cap, which makes them easy to fill. If I recall the bottles are very inexpensive and orders over $20 ship free.

Walgreens has Sweet Breath droppers that are good too. I used to use them until I had a few incidents. I had hot sauce in one and It was tainted with mint, yuck. Then one time I had eye drops in one and, well, minty fresh eyes are painful (and no, I'm normally not a total dingbat).

Jarod Fleming

@flemdawg1

Locale: SE US

TP (small roll for camping)
    Hand sanitizer (small bottle)
    Camp Suds (repackaged into hotel room sized shampoo bottle)
    Lip balm
    J&J Friction Block (1/3 oz size stick)
    small bug replellent and/or sunblock (small bottle)
    travel size toothpaste

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools