Topic

Jetboil Sol Ti for $102 shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Jetboil Sol Ti for $102 shipped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Emmett Lyman
    BPL Member

@ejl10

Locale: Northeast US

Edit – the retailer made a mistake, and this is actually the 10.5oz aluminum model. It's still good to get 15% off, but certainly not the deal I'd hoped for.

Sorry!

Hi all,

I decided to spend a few minutes this afternoon trying to find the best deal I could on the Jetboil Sol Ti system. I managed to get it for $102, which seems pretty good compared to the $140 regular price.

Here's the website where it's selling for $120: http://www.outdoorplay.com/JetBoil-Sol-Premium-Cooking-System-Camping-Stove

I used the coupon code 15OFF to get 15% off.

It's possible this is a pricing mistake, but they're not the only place selling the system for $120. Hopefully it works out!

Emmett

David Ure

@familyguy

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not the ti model. That one has an MSRP of $149.

Emmett Lyman
    BPL Member

@ejl10

Locale: Northeast US

Right you are… I just got a call from Outdoor Play and they posted the wrong product information. Oh well, it was worth trying!

David Ure

@familyguy

Nuts!!

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

The best "all in" price I found was campsaver with the 20% off coupon. No shipping and tax put it just under $120. I did find it for $114.95 but shipping was another 12.95.

I came in the mail yesterday…..very cool.

David Ure

@familyguy

Hey John – I was wondering if you could weigh the components and post them here or on another thread? Thanks,

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Will do. I was playing with it last night but didn't get out my scale. It has a more "delicate" feel to it but should prove to be more than durable enough. I will be replacing the VERY thin neoprene cover with something more substantial. It will add a half ounce or so, but with 190-200f water in it, it's too hot to handle with your bare hands. This makes my original Jetboil feel like a tank!

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Just a heads-up:

My pre-ordered Jetboil Sol Ti arrived from REI this morning. Only problem was that it was just the cup – no stove, support stand, etc, included. The package said it was a "companion cup", but the REI label said it was the stove.

Took it in to the local REI, and after about an hour of the manager calling around, it looks like may be a number of them mislabeled. the manager said it may be a week or so before they get things straightened out.

FWIW, the posters who mentioned that the handle and cover are very flimsy are quite right – personally, I'm rethinking the whole thing!

vineeth madhusudanan
    BPL Member

@vineethm

Locale: Pacific North West

I anyone's keen on a Jetboil Ti (the whole stove kit, not just the cup :) for $109 shipped – please ping me. I have access to a great discount code and can order on your behalf.

Cheers,
    Vineeth

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

ust thought I would add my measurements and comparison the the original. The first listed weight is the PCS and the second is the ti in ounces:

Pot w/ cozy – 6.8, 4.4
    burner unit – 6.0, 3.4
    lid – 1.2, .6
    stabilizer – 1.0, 1.0
    base cup – 0.9, 1.1

It's interesting that the original stove's bottom cup is slightly lighter but everything else is considerably heavier. An earlier poster – in another thread – who had received his Sol ti said he experienced fuel leakage when removing the canister. I attached and then removed the fuel cartridge 6 times with NO leakage at all. This was with a giga power and jetboil, each being attached and removed 3 times. With only two of us reporting on this, it would be nice if others would chime in to determine if this is a design flaw seen on a number of units or just an isolated case.

I will be making a more substantial cozy, as the one provided is inadequate for handling the stove when full of hot boiled water. The handle is just an afterthought and should have been left off. I never used it on the PCS either so I am fine with that. Overall I shaved 6 oz for $20/oz…..a little costly but I also have a smaller packed size and hopefully, better cold weather performance. I should find out soon enough.

Doug Reeves
    Spectator

@strawman

Locale: God's Country

Vineeth, got the Jetboil Ti today! Thanks for sharing the great deal!

vineeth madhusudanan
    BPL Member

@vineethm

If you paid $190, I think you've been had :)

Ah I see I'd misposted the first time.

Doug Reeves
    Spectator

@strawman

Locale: God's Country

…yes, $190 wouldn't have been much of a bargain! really do appreciate the real deal though!

Bob Larson

@jetjockey

Locale: Northeast

How does one PM Vineeth when it says that PM's cannot be sent because Vineeth doesn't have a PM email defined?

Still looking to get a good deal on the Sol Ti.

Thanks,
    Bob

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Vineeth is set up for pm's you are not.you have to go to change my profile and enter your email where it asks enter email address for private messages and set up yours first.

vineeth madhusudanan
    BPL Member

@vineethm

Bob, Unfortunately the deal I'd referred to has since expired :(

Mel Tolentino
    BPL Member

@meltcom

Just ordered mine. Delivery 7/26. Leaving for Philmont 7/29.

Edit: Now $116.27 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.I might order this one to get it faster and sell the first one after I get back.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools