Topic

Sponsorees Wanted

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Sponsorees Wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

Hi Evereyone,

MLD is looking for a few folks to sponsor with gear next year. They don’t have to be superman/woman/kid hikers but a lot of previous BP experience and a general plan for a lot(over 90 total days before Oct 2007) hiking is required. The general idea is to get our new gear to longrange/speed/newstyle SUL hikers planning a med/major trip/thru-hike in 2007 for feedback and help to spread MLD goals. Sponsorships will be in gear only. See our website homepage for more info/application.
    Feel free to copy this and repost at any her BP sites/forums you may visit. Thanks,
    Ron

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I wish I could offer some assistance. I would love to be able to help you test your new gear, but I don’t have anything big planned for next year and don’t really have time to spend that much time on the trail with school. I may be doing the PCT in 2009, but that’s still a ways off. If I were to test some gear next year it would give me excuses to go hiking more often. The girlfriend always tries to get me to stay but if I could pull a “but Ron’s business depends on me testing his stuff this weekend” she might understand.

You make some great stuff, I have two of your tarps and I’m sure you’ll have no problem getting some qualified testers for your new gear.

I can’t wait for you to start production on the eVent mitts, I’ve been looking for some shells to wear for hiking in the rain and they seem to be just the ticket. I can’t wait to see what else Ron has in store for us, its sure to be good.

Adam

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Ron,

I’m not sure I can help you out in the way that you mentioned as far as time out goes. That said I’m doing some UL gear testing in the early spring for a series of articles on http://www.outdooradventurecanada.com with a specific emphasis on children/families.

We have a large US and Canadian readership and it could be quite helpful for you. If you are interested drop me a line (just use one of the emails on the site) or phone me at 1-800-390-4089. I certainly would like to help you get some press on your products.

Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

Ron,
    By January 31st, I’ll be getting a yes/no answer on an application to study in Mongolia for one year. If I receive a no, I’m considering a 3 month thru-hike of the PCT with only six “big” resupplies that I will supplement with food that can be found directly on or right next to the trail (i.e. no hitchhikes, no walks of more than a few mintues). I’d like to start at the end of May and maintain a SUL base weight for the entire trail. Is this something you’d be interested in sponsoring?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools