Topic

Leaving collapsed tarps or tents in the rain

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Leaving collapsed tarps or tents in the rain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Well, I was wrong…
    Having left several of my silnylon tents up for days on end under moderate to heavy rain without getting the floor wet, I was pretty confident that the same would apply to a collapsed tent.
    This morning as I was about to pack up the Contrail ( I shot a video using the Instaflator inside it yesterday…) it started to rai, so I left the shelter flat on the ground with a pair of shoes inside and some absorbing paper over the shoes.
    A few hours later having several 'ponds" over the fabric I lifted that up.
    The absorbing paper over the shoes was still dry but the areas where water was pooling was wet , in fact a few mini puddles were formed inside.
    BTW, I have left a tent set up during the day a few times, but never collapsed…
    Franco

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools