Topic

Advice on my Clothing List.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Advice on my Clothing List.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

Hats off to the Bora Bora Boonie Bomber Hat Man. What material did you make those homemade pants out of and did you add pockets? Did you find a pattern or just go by your own seat-of-the-pants design?

John Rowling II
    BPL Member

@jrowling

Locale: Great Lakes Area

Gang.

I bought some MontBell Stuff. Oh Boy! The insulation factor is great. MI is chilly and damp. I’m in the transition phase between Ultra Heavy, UL & SUL. I replaced my REI hoody with a MB Parka. Love it.

John

John Rowling II
    BPL Member

@jrowling

Locale: Great Lakes Area

Hey Scott, after tons of options…I did buy the Drop Stoppers suit amd I bought the MontBell Thermawrap Parka. I was checking the new system out in 28 degree F. weather, wind chill down to 11 degree that day. Winds off of Lake Huron get chilly. I was snug as a bug in a rug. Excellent. However, the parka has a hood and the Drop Stopper has a hood. The Precip jacket would have worked great but it weighs more and costs a ton more. Oh well. However, the Montbell fit under the Drop Stopper perfectly. I thought that I would just drop you a qick line.
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools