Topic

Photo Guide for Hikers and Climbers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Photo Guide for Hikers and Climbers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

A new book coming out this month might be of help to those learning or improving their craft. This isn't a plug, as I've not seen it myself, but it looks promising.

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781933952659/?utm_content=em-orm-pr-rn-remote-exposure&utm_campaign=Rocky+Nook#related-content

There's an enormous trove of resources out there for photographers, but it's always nice to find one that seems tuned into our outdoor pursuits. It's hopefully up to date on gear (difficult in the digital era) and image processing.

Cheers,

Rick

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Thanks for the heads up-just requested it at my library. I see it includes stuff on High Dynamic Range Imaging which the Canon s95 handles if you have a tripod.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I've tried HDR without a tripod, and I don't think it works worth a darn. At least not on a big camera.

–B.G.–

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Well on the Canon s95 it works fairly well especially in terms of bringing out detail in areas of high shadow in contrast to the light areas. I tried it hand held but it just becomes a mess. With the pod the camera takes 3 shots in succession and then puts them together. I really enjoy night photography so that's part of the attraction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools