Topic

Snowshoeing recommendations for Chamonix?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Snowshoeing recommendations for Chamonix?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

This is a shot in the dark, but I'm traveling to Chamonix, France in a couple weeks. My wife isn't quite up for skiing Valee Blanche (which makes my heart cry a little bit, okay, a lot) but I'm looking for a full day snowshoe trip that we can take instead. Skiing ability is the limiting factor on the Valee, but we're up for something that justifies an early start, ditches the crowds and gets us up high. Any recommendations?

Khader Ahmad

@337guanacos

Locale: Pirineos, Sierra de la Demanda

You won't get away from the crowds unless you climb something epic (Beyond Good and Evil, Pinnoccio…), the last spring I went there I climbed the Gabarrou/Albinoni and it was crowded. You will never get away freom the crowds, period.

The Valee Blanche is easy, so get a guide (it is exposed in spring)and go for it.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Thanks, Khader! I was afraid of that for the crowds… Unfortunately my wife won't "go for it" with Valee. :) Maybe be I'll see what they recommend when we get there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools