Topic

Kid’s size pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Kid’s size pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

This is a pack I made for my friends 6yr old son. It is not super light, but it is super tough. 500d cordura and darlington stretch mesh for the back pocket.

Pattern is very loosely based on an ion (thanks Ken!), This pack was made for a 14" torso.

Pack weighs 12.5oz.

27" from bottom of pack to top of extension collar, 30" circumference.

Top of pack has omni tape closure then roll down with top compression strap. 3/8" foam in shoulder straps.

I wanted the shoulder strap connection to be super strong, hence the 1 1/2" web supporting the shoulder strap attachment point running from seam to seam.
    kid pack

kid pack2

kid pack3

John Martin
    BPL Member

@snapyjohn

Locale: Pacific NW

Great looking pack I am going to do the same. I was at an REI garage sale and I purchased some Osprey and Gregory sholder straps for size XS for my project. If you have any tips that would help let me know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools