Topic

Myog shelter specs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Myog shelter specs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

I am making a tarp shelter to use above my bivy I want 30 square feet as I may use it as a 2 person shelter and I want it to have a beak that zips and stakes to the ground the rest of the tarp will use guylines to secure it about a foot above the ground a canter height of about 2 1/2 feet I want the shoulder section to be 5ft wide and taper to 4 does anyone have a pattern for this or can you direct me to one or at least how to cut it to make the beak?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I guess you know that 30 square feet isn't very large for two people.

–B.G.–

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Yes I understand that I am 5,7 and only weigh 130 my backpacking buddy is about the same I drew it all out on grid paper it will have about 40 square feet and I think I got the beak figured out just messing around with it all in 1:20 scale with some scrap nylon

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

OK. This might be OK if you have rain falling straight down.

I always end up with horizontal rain blowing around, and I need better storm coverage for that.

–B.G.–

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

If the tarp covered your head end but not your foot end you could get by with a smaller tarp.

Okay if weather wasn't too bad.

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

I am doing a beak on the head and foot so that gives a little more protection I also will be using the tarp in conjuncition with a bivy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools