Topic

High Performance Halloween Costume

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear High Performance Halloween Costume

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Wills

@willspower3

I just got done making my Epic Liberty Ridge Jacket and pants last night and decided it would make a great Halloween Costume to be the Gordon’s Fisherman. I make a scrap hat and a Polarguard 3D beard to go with it. I was curious if anyone else uses backpacking gear for Halloween costumes.Trust the gordons fishermanFull body suitjust the suit- 4AM
    It would awesome for others to post pics in this thread, especially if its homemade

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

wow… very cool…

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Well the beard should at least keep you warm down to about 30 F.

David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

Great picture!

How do you like the shell and pants? how much do they weigh? Was the kit easy to follow?

I really like the epic set-up and wanted to know what you think about it.

David Wills

@willspower3

Thanks! I love the finished product. The Large shirt and 34-34″ pants weigh 4.4 oz each. I would recommend a full zip on the shirt, which would only involve a minimal amount of kit modification and another half ounce or so. I got a waterproof zipper for it. the pattern is great, but the instructions are quite a bit lacking in detail (vs. RayWay kits anyway). I ended up doing what I though would work instead of trying to figure out the directions’ meanings were for a few parts without incedent. The fabric feels great though and has great breathability. I feel like a much better seamster though, due to the challenging directions and attention to detail needed for the jacket. I would highly recommend it if you have a few tarp/quilt/ backpacks under your belt.

Nathan Moody
    BPL Member

@atomick

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

David Wills wrote:

I was curious if anyone else uses backpacking gear for Halloween costumes.

I plan on giving out candy for Halloween tomorrow night wearing my OR NinjaClava. :-)

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Good idea. Mind if i steal it? I’ll opt for my OR GorillaClava. Either that, or full Gimli regalia.

David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

Thanks for replying about weight and the kits. I am looking forward to making some gear. I appreciate the heads up about difficulty. I plan on making tarp and bivy before I work on clothing.

Brandon Freeman

@witness33

Sweet outfit it seems I have seen it before

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools